Coaching & Programs
Are you ready to reclaim your body?Â Â
Are you ready to feel more like yourself again? Â
Are you ready to start exercising again?
Not sure how to start a safe and effective postpartum workout program?
You just spent nine months growing your baby(ies) and in those months your body may have gone through some pretty significant changes:
- Abdominal Muscles Separated (aka Diastais Recti)
- Alignment/Posture Shifted Causing Aches, and Pains
- Breathing Patterns Became Too Shallow
- Trauma, Injuries, or Interventions During Birth
- Diagnosed With Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Experienced Pelvic Pain or IncontinenceÂ
- Experience Painful Sex
- Muscles and Connective Tissue Stretched, Weakened, or a Loss of Tension
After all that our bodies physically, mentally, and emotionally go through during pregnancy and childbirth, oftentimes many of us are left feeling “not quite the same” in our bodies, and craving the chance to feel healthy, happy, and comfortable in our postpartum bodies.Â
So often this can lead to us to choose exercises and workout programs that arenâ€™t right for the healing postpartum body, and only end up disrupting the healing process or working against it all together.
So many women, myself having been one of them, live with these postpartum issues for years believing that itâ€™s all just a part of becoming a mother.Â We accept that these issues are normal when in fact they arenâ€™t and they are completely treatable.
You need coaching and programs that help bridge the gap between childbirth and womenâ€™s â€œregularâ€ fitness programs and high intensity exercise.
But I know what you are thinkingâ€¦
“I’ll just wait until my 6 week check-up or until the fourth trimester is over and Iâ€™ll start back on my regular exercise routine then.”
Your body just performed an amazing feat, and it also went through A LOT of stress and strain in the process!
Most pregnant women develop or worsen poor alignment and breathing patterns during pregnancy which can set them up for pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse, or a diastasis that wonâ€™t heal properly (aka â€“ mummy tummy). Â If youâ€™ve had your baby and havenâ€™t yet followed a program that takes you through the process of improving your breathing patterns, addressing your alignment, and helping you learn how to reconnect your core and pelvic floor so that youÂ TRULYÂ feel strong and supported in your body then you’ve come to the right place.
“My baby is much older now, so Iâ€™m no longer considered postpartum and these issues donâ€™t apply to me.â€
Not so fast, have you ever heard the saying: â€œOnce postpartum always postpartum!â€? Thereâ€™s so much truth behind this statement because pregnancy creates permanent changes to a womanâ€™s body.Â Once youâ€™ve gone through pregnancy, your body is simply different; it doesnâ€™t simply â€œbounce backâ€.Â These issues (pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse, diastasis, incontinence, pelvic pain) don’t just disappear once youâ€™ve passed the early postpartum period.Â In fact, many of this issues and symptoms can manifest years later, especially when you havenâ€™t taken the time to heal and rehab your body.Â You need to take the time to learn why this is happening and what you can do about your symptoms.
“I did my regular workout all through my pregnancy and was completely fine!”
This may be true.Â However, many of these symptoms donâ€™t manifest for women until after birth or even longer. How you train in pregnancy is going to have a significant impact on how you feel and recover postpartum.Â There is so much more thought and consideration that needs to go into prenatal and postnatal fitness than the oversimplified advice of â€œlisten to your bodyâ€ and â€œkeep doing what you were doing before becoming pregnantâ€.Â So much of it comes down to risk versus reward.
Pregnancy and birth are tremendously significant events for our bodies. And despite this, they arenâ€™t often treated as such. Were you given a recovery plan after you had your baby?Â I sure wasnâ€™t. Instead, I was just supposed to just rely on my 6 week check-up as any indication that it was safe to exercise again.Â Not so helpfulâ€¦especially after a C-section.
These considerations and more are the reasons behind my coaching services and programs:
- To help you strengthen and heal your core
- To you help you feel strong, fit, and have a that body is functioning well
- To help you safely lose body fat
- To help you develop a better relationship with food so that it nourishes and serves you
- To help you have more energy throughout the day
- To help you reclaim and feel empowered in your body and as a mom
Postnatal fitness CAN BE and IS so much more than just jumping back into your old fitness routine once you get clearance at your six week check-up. Itâ€™s about training for purposeâ€¦the purpose of restoring YOU back to aÂ strong, healthy, fully functioning, andÂ happyÂ Mom!
In-Person 1:1 Coaching
All in-person training clients are required to schedule a 45 minute 1-on-1 meeting prior to their first session at an additional cost. During this meeting you can expect an overall assessment where we will discuss your past and current health, pregnancy/labor/delivery experience, exercise, nutrition, and self-care habits. Youâ€™ll be taken through a series of movement assessmentsÂ to highlight areas of potential weaknesses and establish a baseline, discuss some lifestyle habits you can implement immediately to encourage better self-care and healing, and spend the remainder of our time going through a short mobility and strength training circuit. Using these assessments in addition to your personal goals, I will develop a customized strength training program specifically for you.
* In person training sessions are delivered either in your home or at my home gym.
Concierge Online Coaching
Perfect for you if you aren’t able to schedule 1-on-1 training due to geography, availability and/or cost. Â This option provides you with individualized structure and programming that you complete on your own time, and either at the gym or in the comfort of your own home. Â Billing is month to month and there is no long-term commitment, although an initial 2-3 month personal commitment is highly recommended.
As an online training client, youâ€™ll receive the following:
- An initial Skype consultation is required to discuss your past and current health, pregnancy/labor/delivery experience, exercise, nutrition and lifestyle habits, and briefly assess your physical movements and capabilities.
- Monthly programming specific to your individual abilities, needs and goals. This includes soft tissue and self-myofascial release techniques, corrective exercises, mobility & flexibility work as well as strength training and cardiovascular training/conditioning programming that is core and pelvic floor friendly.
- Unlimited coaching support through emails and video analysis.
- Bi-weekly Skype Check-In’s.
Restore My Core – Core Restoration Program for Moms
Restore My CoreÂ is the first step in returning to exercise postpartum and healing your body. Â The purpose of this program is to help you reconnect your core and pelvic floor muscles. During pregnancy those muscles can become uncoordinated and disconnected. If you can’t feel them, you can’t use them, thus making high impact exercise and traditional “core” exercises potentially dangerous for you.
It is anÂ 8 week program, split into two four-week training blocks,Â to help youÂ prepare or recover from childbirthÂ (either vaginally or cesarean),Â heal well,Â gain your strength back, improve mobility, relieve any new mom aches and pains, and help you can return to fitness safely. It is designed toÂ accommodateÂ moms at any point along their pregnancy and postpartum (whether thatÂ means you are a few days, a few weeks, a few months, or even a fewÂ years postpartum)Â journey and can’t seem to heal their “mummy tummy”. Â It is essential that you meet with a Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist in your area prior to or in conjunction with this program.
What you will receive with the â€œRestore My Coreâ€ Program:
- Restore My Core Manual:Â Learn why pregnant and postpartum bodies must be trained in a specific way, understand how to care for, heal, and strengthen your body
- Restore My Core Workbook:Â 8-week tracking system to help keep you accountable and record your progress towards healing
- Video:Â Â Access to private YouTube video demonstrations of all the exercises. Â Plus, bonus videos to teach you extra little tips and tricks you can incorporate every day to be successful in restoring your core and pelvic floor.
- Access:Â Restore My Core isÂ delivered via email through downloadable PDFs. Â It’s yours to keep so that you may refer back to it whenÂ necessary.
- Support:Â Â Weekly email support to address any questions or concerns you may have about the program. Â Additional support via a privateÂ Facebook trainingÂ communityÂ where you can connect with me, have your questions answered,Â and connect with other women training to restore their cores and heal post pregnancy.
- BONUS:Â Extra coaching and education delivered to you via email and on a bi-weeklyÂ schedule to further assist you on your 8 week journey.
Lift Like A Mom â€“Â Returning To Fitness Program For Moms
Youâ€™ve healed your core and pelvic floor, and youâ€™re ready to step things up a bit more with your fitness program.Â This program safely ramps up the intensity and builds upon concepts established in the Restore My Core Program. Youâ€™ve developed a strong core and pelvic floor connection, and now itâ€™s time to strengthen these muscles safely in this twelve week progressive strength training program. The goal is to help you build a strong body that supports all that you do as a mom – from hauling baby gear, to chasing children, to deadlifting your body weight, getting your first pull-up, or running a 5K.
What you will receive with the â€œLift Like A Momâ€ Program:
- Lift Like A Mom Workouts:Â Three four-week detailed programs that progressively build upon one another.Â You can print them off for home or to take to the gym.
- Nutrition Coaching: Youâ€™ll receive nutrition coaching, themes, and guidelines that will make food an enjoyable experience that supports your health and your busy life as a mom.
- Video:Â Â Access to private YouTube video demonstrations of all the exercises. Â
- Access:Â Lift Like A Mom isÂ delivered via email through downloadable PDFs. Â
- Support:Â Â Weekly email support to address any questions or concerns you may have about the workouts and program. Â Additional support via a privateÂ Facebook trainingÂ communityÂ where you can connect with me, have your questions answered,Â and connect with other moms returning to fitness.
If you are interested in working together, please use the form below to contact me. Â I look forward to connecting with you!